RHC Leadership Academy
Rio Hondo College is committed to supporting professional development that strengthens employees’ leadership abilities. Hence, the Rio Hondo College Leadership Academy works to develop classified, faculty and management employees to prepare for leadership roles at every level of the organization.
Participants are expected to make plans to attend every session in totality. Missing more than 1 full day may result in the need to withdraw from the academy for that year.
Current plans are to offer the Academy experience in a hybrid model, alternating between in person and cyber sessions, beginning with an in person orientation in August.
Previous applicants who were accepted to the postponed 2020-2021 cohort who would like to participate in 2022-2023, only need to complete the “Supervisor Acknowledgement” portion of the application.
Cohort 8 Academic Dates
- Orientation – Thursday, August 18 – 4:30pm to 6:30pm (In Person)
- FLEX Day Introduction – Friday, August 19 – 8:30am to 9:30am
- Session 1 – Friday, September 9 – 8:30am to 8:00pm (In Person)
- Board Introduction – Wednesday, September 14 – 6:00pm to 6:30pm
- Session 2 – Friday, October 7 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (Remote)
- Session 3 – Friday, November 4 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (In Person)
- Session 4 – Friday, December 2 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (Remote)
- Session 5 – Friday, January 13 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (In Person)
- Community Service: Saturday, January 14 – 9:00am to 2:00pm (In Person)
- Session 6 – Friday, February 10 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (In Person)
- Session 7 – Friday, March 10 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (In Person)
- Session 8 – Friday, April 7 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (In Person)
- Session 9 – Friday, May 5 – 9:00am to 4:00pm (In Person)
- Board Presentation of Certificates – Wednesday, May 10 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm (In Person)